New Dolpo Gyaekochen Trek - 28 Days
An enthralling journey filled with remote trekking, high mountain passes and yak caravans in the remote lower Dolpo region
Lower Dolpo Trek offers an outstanding trekking experience in the remote western region of Nepal. The 18-day trek begins with visits to the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu. Next, we fly to Jhupal via Nepalgunj and begin our trek through remote locations admiring the beautiful rain shadow landscape of the Himalayas, reflected in the colorful barren slopes of the mountains where the play of light and shadow is a perpetual fascinating spectacle. Thanks to Eric Valli, a French geographical photographer working for National Geographic, the Dolpo region of Nepal has been shown in all its integrity and full mystical experience. Furthermore, this is also one of the few areas where the pre-Buddhist Bon Po religion is still practiced. While on the trek, we get to muse at the yak caravans that maintain the traditional salt trade with Tibet. We also cross two high passes- Numa La and Baga La-and reflect on life amidst the tranquil waters of Phoksundo Lake.
One of the largest and most important structures of its kind in the country, Boudhanath Stupa holds a spot on the World Heritage List and serves as an icon of the city. Pay a visit to this holy site and you'll find it an epicenter of Tibetan Buddhism in the region, as the complex features a number of monasteries around it. Marvel at the stupa's massive base, topped with a sizable dome and a towering manadala, the golden triangular spire at the top. You can also admire the colorful statues around the dome and the tower's mysterious painted-on eyes.
More information about Dolpo Gyaekochen trek & expedition
Trip Highlights of New Dolpo Gyaekochen trek
- Adventurous trek to the remote Himalayan region of Nepal.
- Insight into unique Buddhist culture.
- Visit to the majestic Phoksundo Lake and pristine mountain views.
- Scenic domestic flight from and to Juphal
Sunday 19 OCT 2019
- Arrival in Kathmandu
- Flight Nepalgunj afternoon
- Fly Nepalgunj- Juphal
- Securety day Dunai
- Thala Gaon 2900m
- Riwa khark 3197m
- Gumba Gaon 2832m
- Pass, Khola camp 1
- Khola camp 2
- Khola camp 3
- Gyaekochen B.C
- Gyaekuchen rest
- Gyaekochen pass and lhang
- Dho tarap
- Dho Rest
- Sagar beach camp
- tsola Chu
- flight to Nepalgunj and Bus to KTM
- On the way to KTM
- All the required airport and hotel transfer.
- Padma Hotel Boudhanath
- Tented accommodation during the trekking days in the mountain region.
- Full board standard meals during the trekking days prepared by our expert trekking cook.
- All the essentials camping and kitchen equipments.
- An experienced local trekking guide.
- Required supporting local porters and donkeys to carry foods and luggage.
- Special trekking permit of Shey Phoksundo National Park and local taxes.
- All the required domestic fights and Bus.
- Food / Salary / accommodation and medical or accidential insurance of all the trekking staffs
- Farewell dinner party after the trip completion in Kathmandu.
- All the government and local taxes.
- International airfares and Nepal entry visa fees.
- Extra night hotel Nepalgunj due to bad weather and earlier back to Kathmandu
- Riding horse along the trek
- Alcoholic beverages, bottle mineral water, soft drinks and snack foods
- Gratitude for guide and porters.